Announcement of Results!
Scan the QR Code to see the results of the NUDM Fellowship 2022 Cohort!
About the Fellowship
As India celebrates Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav marking the 75th year of our country’s independence, MoHUA has launched the National Urban Digital Mission (NUDM) to facilitate electronic delivery of municipal services to citizens across all towns and cities of the country. Read more about NUDM.
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
MoHUA is looking for capable leaders from diverse backgrounds and disciplines who are committed to making a positive difference in the world. The NUDM Fellows will have an opportunity to lead the adoption of a transformative Mission across the nation. Participating in a fast-paced work experience program such as the NUDM Fellowship will be a challenging, but rewarding experience for young professionals.
Through the Fellowship, the Mission will institutionalise young professionals as part of the Mission implementation plan to select States and Union Territories, to make capable young professionals a part of the transformational nation building exercise that is NUDM. Fellows interested in governance will have an opportunity to lead implementation of a transformative mission on e-governance. Such Fellows will have an opportunity to work closely with urban experts and Mission leadership across all levels of governance; and experience a tangible expansion in their technical and professional skills including in-depth knowledge of application of policy, technology and urban program management.
NIUA is calling for applications for the National Urban Digital Mission Fellowship in 2021!
NUMBER OF FELLOWS
The Fellowship’s inaugural cohort will host 20 Fellows.
ROLE OF THE NUDM PROGRAM FELLOWS
The Fellows will have the opportunity to contribute to the goal of driving citizen centric e-governance across all cities of India by playing the role of a catalyst, bridging the Mission with the State’s needs.
The day-to-day roles and responsibilities for the Fellows will be coordinated by the reporting officer from the office of the State Program Management Unit. This will include:
The Fellows will also provide necessary support in data analytics, research, documentation, independent assessment, visualisation or any other related activities including creating reports, posters, dossiers etc.
- The maximum age of the candidate should not be more than 35 years as on 31 October 2021.
- Candidates must enlist their fluency in Indian regional languages; with preference shown for candidates with fluency in more than 1 regional languages.
- All Fellows must necessarily display critical thinking and problem-solving abilities in an assignment as part of the recruitment process.
- Fellows will possess the following qualifications: professionals with 1st Division or minimum 60% marks in their under-graduate or post-graduate qualification; or PhDs from premier institutions/universities.
- The candidate should be available to commence the Fellowship on 01 February 2022 (tentative). Attending the induction programme in January 2022 is mandatory for selected candidates.
The candidates to be considered for the Fellowship should be from an institute of repute in the following fields, but not limited to:
- Preference will be given to persons with work experience in the relevant field supported by published work/ policy papers/appraisal/monitoring of projects & schemes etc.
- Candidates with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the implementation of IT projects, data sciences, government consulting and urban infrastructure projects will be given preference in the selection of the inaugural cohort.
- Candidates should also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. Exposure to data analytics would be an added strength of the candidate.
PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION
- Applications will be invited in a prescribed format online, via online platform.
- Candidates for the NUDM Fellowship 2021 will be shortlisted on the basis of the completed applications and only such candidates will be invited to attend an interview (online/virtual).
- Based on the performance of the candidates in the interview round, 20 applicants will be selected to participate in the inaugural cohort of the NUDM Fellowship.
Fellows will receive a remuneration package of INR 60,000 inclusive of all taxes per month.
PERIOD OF ENGAGEMENT
The NUDM Fellows will be engaged for a period of 12 months on a contractual basis, with a possibility of extension of 12 months subject to annual performance reviews.
ONBOARDING & TRAINING
- Successful applicants to the NUDM Fellowship program will be notified online. They will be expected to join as per the instructions issued by the respective nodal agency at the State/UT level.
- The Fellows will undergo a 15-day training program designed to equip them with the information they will need to successfully integrate into the Mission at the Central, State and City levels.
A certificate regarding successful completion of fellowship shall be issued by the Joint Secretary, MoHUA, and PSUD of the concerned state/UT as well as Director, NIUA.
ANNUAL PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL
An Annual Performance Appraisal of the Fellows will be undertaken by the National Program Head, CDG. Additionally, the Fellows will be given an opportunity to make a presentation of their learnings, recommendations and experiences to an audience of the NUDM leadership and State governance leadership.
APPLICATIONS SOON! Click to Apply!
The last date to submit your application is 24 November 2021!
FIND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS HERE: FAQs